Monday, January 4, 2010

What is a repurpose?

Adam, this one is for you. What is a repurpose? Well a repurpose goes something like this....
I have been cleaning, organizing and decluttering as my new habit for Game On! and I did the pantry Saturday.

I seem to have quite the collection of reusable shopping bags. Okay, I admit, I love them! Especially the Trader Joe's ones (thank you Shawna). So I needed an organized way to store them in my newly decluttered pantry. Oh, and I don't want to spend any money and I want to use something I already have (recycle:))!


So I take a walk around my house and end up in the storage room in the basement. I look high and low and high again. And look what I spy at the back of the tippy top shelf? Isn't it hideous? How have I held onto it for the past 12 or so years and 3 moves?

I feel a spray paint makeover coming on...

Tape off the areas you do not want painted. A few coats of red spray paint later you will have this beauty...
A free, functional, cute way to store all those adorable reusable shopping bags. Adam, that, my friend, is a repurpose. I can repurpose laundry and windows too. Refer to my previous post to see how I repurpose laundry (i.e., ruffled scarf). And I think you have seen what I do to old salvaged windows!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! (And you're welcome for the Trader Joe's bag, I'm still on the lookout for one for myself). I keep all of my reuseable bags inside the one bag that I think is prettiest, hung on a hook on the back of my pantry door. I love your tin, though. Way to repurpose!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Followers