Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mommy & Daddy away treat sacks

I started doing this when I worked at DDI Vantage and had to spend an entire week in SLC every summer. I make a treat sack for everyday I/we will be gone. My kids love and expect this every time we go. It provides them a visual reminder of how much longer I/we will be gone.

I keep it VERY simple, just a paper sack decorated with love notes and the day to be opened. It is never much in the sack either. The boys got Pokemon booster packs to add to their collections (thanks Mike, for being the coolest Uncle that works at Pokemon) and Wilson got a small package of M&Ms leftover from Christmas. I also snuck a treat in for Grandma:)

I also try to stay away from candy, sugary snacks most of the time.

Some ideas, new toothbrushes & toothpaste, bubbles, coloring book & crayons, Pokemon booster packs, hair bows, book, stickers, water guns. You get the idea.

1 comment:

Labels

Followers