Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pantry purge with a few repurposes...

This is the before of the pantry. Pantry is actually a term I use loosely for this space as it serves a multitude of storage purposes. Once I accepted the fact that this area had to house more than just food items and made a home for those additional items, the whole space functions much better.


You can't even see my lovely retro 1970s linoleum in this photo.


Remember this repurpose? Well, it has been working great.





And this repurpose. I love this red can! I find that now that I have a designated home for items, I am much more apt to put things back in their space. Before, I just chucked stuff in and shut the door, FAST! This is the after. Notice the lino? Isn't it great? I love that I can actually walk all the way into the pantry now to retrieve items off the shelves. The shelves are super deep. Behind the pantry is the staircase to the basement, so the shelves are 'stepped' with the top one about 5-6 feet deep and the bottom shelf about 2 feet deep. So I can store seldom used appliances, etc there. Now that I can actually get in the pantry, I can use a stepstool to retrieve those items for use!

Are you still organizing, decluttering and repurposing? Share a few of your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers