Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you have 15 minutes?

I guess I am on a roll with the repurposing ideas. I will have to show you my newly organized pantry in a future post.
Who doesn't have a pile that looks like this?

We all do!
Don't run out and buy one of those bag organizers. If you have 15 minutes and a few household items you can make a simple holder to corral those pesky shopping & grocery bags.


An old, long sleeve shirt.


Ribbon and oxygen tubing.


Voila! A simply, stylish way to store your grocery/shopping bags.

1. Cut sleeve off old shirt.

2. Turn raw edge and sew a casing. Okay, I didn't sew a casing, I used my glue gun! My sewing machine is so old it doesn't have the removable free arm. But the glue gun worked great.

3. Feed oxygen tubing through casing to hold the top open. Again, if you don't have oxygen tubing, use what you have. Or omit this step.

4. Add a ribbon hanger and decorative accents. Again, with the glue gun.

5. You don't have to do any finishing on the bottom of the sleeve.

6. Insert shopping/grocery bags.

It would take you longer to get to the store and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers