Can I just say...Yum! My cousins and Hungry Girl have been talking about this great product called Fage (Fa-Yeh!) for some time now. It is greek style yogurt, 2 pts. Of course, living here in the Basin, it is not to be found locally.

But, I was finally able to buy some this weekend at Target. I had a cup this morning with ground flax (using the Vita-mix) and a drop of honey and it was delicious. Sweet, smooth, tangy, filling. I will be contacting Mr. Mark Stewart and asking him to carry it in his wonderful store. Although, I'm not holding my breath!
If you get the chance to buy FAGE, make sure you stick to the 0%. I about had a heart attack when I read the stats on the Classic: 300 calories and 23 grams of fat per 8 oz container. Who buys that? Anyway, the 0% is 120 calories and 0 grams fat per 8 oz cup, much better.
Oh yes, you saw I mentioned the Vita-Mix. Well, that is another post entirely. But stay tuned, I am IN LOVE with the Vita-Mix and will be proclaiming my love here very soon.
I eat Fage 0% every day and the only place I can find it is at Target in Riverdale, about 20 minutes from my house. I stock up every time I'm there. It is so filling. My favorite part is the ingredient list...there are only two things on it.
ReplyDeleteTry this dessert recipe made with greek yogurt:
ReplyDeleteStir 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder into a cup of greek yogurt. Stir for about 30 seconds or until well blended. Then mix in 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Enjoy!