Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Budget Valentine


In keeping with our family's February spending holiday, I created Valentine's for my dear boys from leftover craft items I had at home. I subscribe to Family Fun Newsletter (www.familyfun.com) and they always have lots of simple, fun ideas for crafts, recipes, etc.

For Carson & Jackson's Valentine's I used craft foam, felt (my favorite crafting item of all time), and ribbon to make a 3-D 'pouch' that I stuffed with shredded paper. I then wrote them each a sappy message on a paper heart and attached a gold dollar (leftover from January's trip to Vegas).

For Geoff & Wilson, I used ribbon to whip stitch two felt hearts together and attached a wire handle. I stuffed these with shredded paper also & added my note.

Everyone loved their homemade Valentine's.

Of course, I made them a special breakfast; my famous fried eggs and french toast from Round Robin bread. I don't know why my fried eggs are famous, but my boys sure rave about them. And anything made with Round Robin bread is bound to be a success.

For dinner that night, we made homemade pizzas (the boys' favorite) and I made a white cake topped with cherries. It turned out very festive and Valentine-y.

We all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and no one felt 'budgeted' at all! Hope you & yours enjoyed the holiday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers